|Oyster Sauce Chicken Rice
Seasoning for Chicken
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon chicken boullion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 5 dashes white pepper powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Shaoxing cooking wine (or rice wine)
Seasoning for Rice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cooking oil
- 1 pinch of salt
- Chop the chicken breast and chicken drumsticks into pieces.
- Add the chicken seasoning and mix well. Marinate for an hour in the fridge.
- Rinse and clean the rice in a rice cooker as if you are making steamed rice after the chicken is marinated for an hour.
- Add the rice seasoning and cooking oil into the rice and start cooking the rice.
- At the same time, heat up a wok with some cooking oil.
- Add in the chicken and shitake mushrooms.
- Quickly stir-fry the chicken until half-cooked. Add in the chopped scallions. Dish out and set aside.
- Deep fry the salted fish and set aside.
- Add the chicken into the rice cooker when the rice is almost dry (about 7-8 minutes) and continue to cook till rice is completely cooked.
- Leave the rice cooker on "Stay Warm" for 15 - 20 mintues before serving.
- Top the chicken rice with fried salted fish and serve immediately.