- Marinate chicken thighs with turmeric powder, dried thyme, garlic powder, salt and pepper and set aside.
- Wash the rice three times and let it soak for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Melt butter in a pot then add in minced garlic and onion, stir fried until the garlic is slightly browned.
- Drained the rice and stir in the rice constantly for 30 seconds.
- Season with Italian Seasoning and place in the prepared chicken pieces over rice, and add the chicken broth or water.
- You can also add more salt and pepper at this point, if desired.
- Cover with lid and the rice cook in the rice cooker.
- Once is cooked, let it sit for 5 minutes before served. Garnish with parsley.
Note: The amount of water can be adjusted for suit personal preference.