- Heat the oil in the rice cooker.
- Add in dried shrimp and stir fry until fragrant.
- Add in minced garlic and shallots, stir fry until fragrant.
- Then add in chicken, yam, mushroom and mix well.
- Add in the rice, seasoning and water, and mix well.
- Close the lid and cook the rice.
- After the rice is cooked, leave the rice in the rice cooker for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Garnish and serve with fried shallots, spring onion, or parsley.
3 cups of Ros Thai Fragrant Rice
3 cups of water
300g chicken meat (diced)
6 pcs of shitake mushroom (sliced)
3 tbsp of dried shrimp (soaked & minced)
3 shallots (thinly sliced)
300g yam (diced)
3 tbsp of cooking oil
2 cloves of garlic (minced)
1 tsp of sugar
1 tbsp of dark soya sauce
1 tbsp of oyster sauce
1 tsp of pepper
1 tsp of sesame oil
1/2 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp of five-spice powder