- Marinate the chicken with biryani masala powder, curry powder and salt for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Rince the rice three times and leave it to soak at least 15-30minutes.
- Heat the oil in the rice cooker, and then add in sliced onions.
- Stir fry the onions until the colour turn into slight translucent, then add in ginger garlic paste.
- Add in the marinated chicken and stir fry about 3 minutes.
- Then add in tomatoes and potato. Stir fry for another 2 minutes.
- Add in turmeric powder, chili powder and the biryani masala powder and salt. Mix well.
- Then add in coriander leave and mint leave and stir well.
- Drained the rice and pour the rice in the rice cooker and mix well.
- Add in the water and start to cook the rice as usual.
- After rice is cooked, let it sit in the rice cooker for about 5 minutes before served.
Chicken Briyani Rice
- 3 cups of Happy Punjab Basmathi Rice
- 3 tbsp of Oil / Ghee / Butter
- 1 big Onion – sliced
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic paste
- 2 tomatoes (diced)
- 1 unit of Carrot (diced)
- 2 Potato (diced)
- 1/3 tsp Tumeric powder
- 2 tsp Chili powder
- 1.5 tsp Salt
- 3 tbsp Biryani Masala Powder
- Coriander leave
- Mint Leave
- 4 cups of water
- 500g- 600g of Chicken, cut in cutlets
- 2 tbsp of Biryani Masala Powder
- 1 thsp of Curry Powder
- 1 tsp of Salt
Optional : 2 soft boiled egg, peeled.